Adventist Medical Center- Iligan formerly Mindanao Sanitarium & Hospital was founded in the year 1952 thru the leadership of South Philippine Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventist.
It began with the maiden medical work which started in Dansalan City (now Marawi City). The pioneers Dr. Regalado T. Santos, Sr. a surgeon and the Medical Consultant led the medical team composed of Dr. Feleciano Ponce, a dentist, Misses Ruby Burnett,Lucena Garcesa and Tarcela Tonico,nurses. They rent a two storey house to become the lakeside clinic that accommodated their number of patients daily.
The high influx of patients have led the Hospital Board to transfer the clinic to Iligan City on mid-March 1952 and was called Southern Mission Clinic with Dr. Francisco Geslani as the Medical Director, while Dansalan’s Clinic continues to progress.
In March 1953, Mindanao Sanitarium & Hospital was finally opened to the public with Dr Francisco Geslani as the Medical Director. The hospital was then known to the public as Mindanao Sanitarium & Hospital. The facilities and personnel of Dansalan were transferred to Tibanga and Southern Mission Clinic was closed.
Edgar Claude A. Nadal,MD,MPS
January 2016 Onward
Eliezer M. Bacus,MPH,MPS
2011 - 2015
Joel Y. Dalaguan,MCLA
1987 - 2007
Dr Adelaida F. Ongpoy,MD
Dr Levi H. Pagunsan,MD,FPCP
Dr Francis D. Solivio,MD
Acting Medical Director from April to December 1980
Dr Arthur F. Lasta, MD
Dr Willis G. Dick,MD,FICS
Dr. Wenceslao M Torres Jr.,MD,FPCS,FICS
1967 - 1971
Dr Arturo P. Roda,MD
Dr Francisco T. Geslani,MD,FPCS
Dr. Regalado Santos